Workshop Conceptualised & Conducted by
GAURAV A PARIKH
Treasures & Traps ~ Rewards & Risks ~ Clearly this is the moot mindset focus currently with
Sensex & Nifty recording all time highs of 40000 & 12000 respectively driven by a handful of high index weightage core stocks on the second TsuNaMo election wave in five years.
Capital Protection is a ‘must have’ Mindset at all times for serious Wealth Creation through Equity.While Growing your Wealth it’s equally imperative to Protect it.
One way to do so is to develop fundamental conviction & foresight to consciously avoid ‘Value Traps’ like Suzlon & Subex & PC Jewellers & Manpasand Beverages & Vakrangee & not be seduced or influenced by those who peddle such on social & print media & stock channels.
In such record bullish momentum on the Sensitive Indices it is FOMO or the Fear of Missing Out that is the biggest seducer as many influencing voices call these or near these record levels as the new bottom on the Sensitive Indices.
This Workshop will equip you to deal with these questions :
- How to assess the capacity & the willingness to assume Equity Risk?
- How to Fundamentally Value & Select & Weight the Companies in a Portfolio ?
- How do Company Valuations rack up against their Share Price now? ~ If there is Value, where can we find it as we negotiate these bullish markets which heightens the risk of more & more ‘Value Traps’ emerging
- How should one read & interpret News & Views in the Print & Social Media & on Stock Portals & Channels ?
- What are the red flags one should look for in an Annual Report ?
- How much of such Interpretation & Valuation is already reflected in the Share Price ?
- Where can we pin down Certainty in the Uncertainty in Equity Markets ?
- How to strengthen resolve & conviction to hold on to Selections even when facing unrealized losses?
- When & How to decide a Switch in Equity Holdings?
- How not to let Emotion & Ego dictate holding on to Losers & Wealth Destroyers & just letting them go or avoiding them in the first place?
Invest a Saturday with Gaurav to discuss & debate all the above & more & to appreciate that Wealth of Mind & Monies must Move in Tandem & fundamentally assess Macros & Micros.
His Fundamental Value vs Price workshops in 2016 & 2017 & 2018 received full house response with participants spread from retail & High Networth investors to Corporates, Mutual Funds, FPIs & broking houses. From young exuberant & smart 25 year olds to not yet wise 70 year olds ~ They came specially from Dubai, Malaysia, Cochin, Thrissur, Satna, Sangli, Allahabad, Gokak, Pune, Ichakaranji, Bangalore, Delhi & of course Mumbai. The Corporate Tambola introduced in the 2017 workshops serves for great infotainment. Prizes are awarded even for those interacting the best.
Based in Mumbai, he is the Managing Director of Jeena Scriptech Alpha Advisors Pvt Ltd, a SEBI Registered Research Analyst & Investment Advisor & a Fundamental Force to reckon with in the Field of Advisory & Training in Indian Equities. His Passion for Equities, incisive analytical skills, sense of humor, top oratory skills and his remarkable ability to demystify macro and micros & stunning exposures on corporate governance issues has seen him being voted as the best speaker at many forums in India and overseas. He is the ideal ‘Go to’ Man for both Advisory & Training for Serious Wealth Creation in Indian Equities.
"What To Do & What Not To" is best exemplified by the tagline of his popular blog www.gauravblog.com "In India, Companies may fall sick but Promoters rarely do!".It’s been ranked as one of the Top Investment Blogs in India & one of the Top in the World & completed a healthy 10 years in 2018.. He’s been in & seen the Indian stock markets from close quarters from the 1980s & peppers his workshops with many fascinating & rich anecdotal experiences. In recent years his open outrage in the print media on the original underpricing of Essar Oil delisting at Rs 108 & his strong warning in Workshops that JBF is a “jay bhi” reco & “Kwality lacks Quality” despite being recommended strongly by leading Broking Houses has increased his legion of fans when they saw the impact of Essar Oil Valuations soar while those of JBF & Kwality being destroyed over 90%! He’s not into Shareholder Activism though he finds immense satisfaction in protecting the small investor from being exploited by unscrupulous promoters & companies that are short on Good Corporate Governance by raising issues that concern them.
Gaurav’s amazing forte is to simplify & demystify the most complex of financial concepts & scenarios for ease of understanding & convey it in his inimitable humorous style ~ & while doing so of course his workshops have thrown up several 100 Baggers & scores of Multibaggers & he is well known for spotting Turnarounds & making Contrarion Calls. For a record Five Years in a row now Outlook Business has featured him one of India’s Fundamentally Finest Stock Pickers & how he’s justified this recognition ranking at the Top with Shemaroo Entertainment & Astec Lifesciences that became multibaggers in quick time. His IB Ventures valued in the December 2016 Training Workshop became a huge 40 bagger & life changer to many investors inside just eighteen months. He has launched Popular Workshops at the BSE and his Mentoring Sessions at NSE were eagerly awaited. Over 30 years he has shared experiences with and trained over 50000 people in India and overseas in the field of Capital Markets.
Gaurav will show you how to assess many Listed Companies in this Workshop to illustrate
How to Spot Potential Winners even at these high Market Peaks & also Spot Red Flags in those to keep away from.
Workshop Objectives & Benefits
At these record Sensex & Nifty Highs of 40000 & 12000 respectively, Participants will learn to fundamentally differentiate between Companies that are Value Traps & Seducers & those that hold genuine Value & Growth Potential. They will be able to do so by:
- Strengthening Micro and Macro Perspectives
- Monitoring Corporate Governance Actions & Behaviour to gauge Promoter & Management Mindsets
- Reviewing Financial Statements to assess risks while figuring Value & Growth Potential
- Translating Fundamental Valuation Theory to Application and Academics to Action
- Familiarising with the four Legs of an Equity Table ~ Valuation, Liquidity, Momentum & Sentiment
- Appreciating that Wealth of Mind & Money must move in tandem
- Dealing with Investor Psyche & all that Jazz... Pitfalls...Thinking & Acting rationally to avoid making Investment Mistakes
Key Highlights of the Workshop
Overview of the Economy
Tsunamo 2nd Wave ~ India on the Move ~ Global Geo-political & Trade Headwinds ~ Union Budget ~ GST ~ Oil ~ Interest, Inflation & Exchange Rate ~ Savings, Investment & Consumption ~ Economy & Earnings Drivers ~ Politics of Economy
Sensex Valuation at Record 40000 ~ Value Traps ~ FPI & Mutual Funds Flows Impact ~ Liquidity, Sentiment, Momentum, Value ~ Rising Corporate Earnings ~ Global Cues ~ Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation ~ Derivative Play
Time Value of Money ~ Interpretation of Financial Statements for Stock Analysis ~ Relative Valuation ~ Absolute Valuation ~ Contemporary Valuation ~ Price V/s Value Assessment of Companies
Risk Profiling & Equity Portfolio Management
Investment Mindset, Approaches, Styles & Strategies, Mistakes ~ Risk Profiling ~ Asset Allocation ~ Investor Mistakes : Improper Framing, Anchoring, Herding ~ Logical & Rational Thinking ~ Strategic & Tactical Positioning ~ Hedging
Overview of the Economy
Integrity Tests ~ Contemporary & Controversial Issues ~ Insider Trading ~Street Smartness Quiz ~ Portfolio Churning ~ Q & A Session
Who Should Attend
- Those who seek the answers to ‘What Now? At Sensex & Nifty recording highs of 40000 & 12000
- Those trapped in Scrips that have destroyed huge Value
- Those who continue to be Equity Sceptics
- Those who need conviction that Investing Directly in Equities is indeed a higher Wealth Creator than Investing through Equity Schemes of Mutual Funds
- Direct Equity Investors & Capital & Financial Market Intermediaries who need to strengthen their fundamental conviction at these Record Index Peaks & that serious Life Changing Wealth Creation continues to be possible through Direct Investment in Equity & how to capture both, Short & Longer Term Opportunities to do so without succumbing to ‘Value Traps’
The Workshop would be a great practical value add even to Students pursuing Business, Commerce, Insurance, Finance, Equity, Management studies at all levels
From our 2016, 2017 & 2018 Workshops:
- “Finding a multi-bagger is nice, having someone like Gaurav Parikh guide you on the journey... Priceless! ”
- “Amazing... Awesome Session about Fundamental Stock Selection & Wealth Creation”
- “Full of Inspiration, filled with wisdom.... am really proud to be a part of this wonderful session”
- “Best Power packed Saturday that I will never forget in my life”
- “…thought provoking Investment Seminar conducted in Gaurav’s inimitable style… Examined macro indicators, bases of valuation, critical data on a large slew of companies.”
- “Completely Blown away ! You really have changed the way I used to look at Markets”
- “Your Workshop is a better Wealth Creator than Insider Trading!”
Here’s what a participant at a NSE Workshop exclaimed :
- “….even those 7 hours seemed like few minutes as all of us were so engrossed. The biggest value I got from Gaurav’s workshop is it completely changed my perspective of looking at Value”
And this from a more than five consecutive times repeat participant in the past 24 months:
- “Indeed it was my fifth rocking Saturday that too in a row and obviously my personal stamp of approval to Gaurav Sir’s inimitable style of presenting fundamental concepts …Again Sir you Rocked & it was my fortune to attend your wonderful workshop… seeked everything for which I came …recreated the same old magic of Bangalore in Mumbai...great Saturday”
Jeena Scriptech Alpha Advisors Pvt Ltd
Research Analyst : INH000006907 ~ Investment Adviser : INA000013217
CIN: U74999MH2010PTC210730 GSTIN : 27AABCL9222H1ZI
Regd Off: Jeena House, Plot No 170, Om Nagar, off Pipeline Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai 400 099
Head Off: Elphinstone Bldg, 1st Floor, 10 Veer Nariman Road, Horniman Circle, Fort, Mumbai 400 001
Telephone: +91 22 42304117 / 138 / 140 ~ Email: [email protected]