Crest ventures Ltd
Misc. Commercial Services
FV – Rs 10; 52wks H/L –63.35/31.70; TTQ – 21 K; CMP – Rs 63.35 (As On May 16th 2016; 13.00);
Market Cap – Rs 110.04 Crs
Consolidated Financials and Valuations for FY16 (Amt in Rs Crs unless specified)
|Long Term Debt||
Consolidated Financials and Valuations for Q4 FY16
|Long Term Debt||
TTM EPS (Rs)
- Long Term Debt to Equity – 0.23
- ROE % – 15
- Market Cap/Sales – 3.2
Crest Ventures Ltd is mainly engaged in Investing, Managing and Consulting. It is currently evaluating small investments in web-based business opportunities.
The company is also into the tours and travel business as Tamarind Tours Pvt.Ltd
- The Company sold its investment in SAI to Systra – a French Government owned company, one of the largest companies in the world, in consultancy of metro and high speed rails. This reinforces the Company’s ability to invest in and build businesses which create value.
- The Company’s investment phase for building projects will reach completion by mid-2016 and will invest in building up the asset management business and they will also continue to invest in organisation building.
- The Company’s focus this year was completion of on–going projects, evaluating new projects and building CREST as a quality and premium brand. The Business Development team has been proactively scouting for projects in and around Mumbai and has been actively participating in the tender process for re-development projects.
|Deal Date||Client Name||Deal Type||Quantity||Price (Rs.)|
|28-Mar-16||Suraj Dileepkumar Karkera||P||89740||40.79|
|28-Mar-16||Velocity Stock Mart Pvt.Ltd||S||90579||40.79|
|28-Mar-16||Velocity Stock Mart Pvt.Ltd||P||90078||39.8|
|28-Mar-16||Suraj Dileepkumar Karkera||S||90001||39.71|
- Crest Ventures Limited, formerly Sharyans Resources Limited, is an angel investment company with a diverse portfolio of investments across a broad range of industries. (The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Registrar of Companies, Mumbai has vide Fresh Certificate of Incorporation pursuant to change of name dated September 01, 2014 approved the change of name of the Company from Sharyans Resources Limited to CREST VENTURES LIMITED.)
- The Company is involved in ongoing management and advising for most of its investments.
- It engages in ongoing financial review of its portfolio investments, annual strategic planning, financing, and management decisions and endeavors to provide the benefit of past experience to its entrepreneurs, and encourage inter-company relationships.
- The Company also consults and advises entrepreneurs in relation to investment, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic relationships.
- The Company Ventures is currently evaluating small investments in web-based business opportunities.
- The Company’s portfolio companies include real estate, web businesses, apparel, publishing and hardware.
The company’s current Portfolio Investment includes:
- com – FreeLegalAid.com is a simple search engine for providing free legal resources. The site is built on an advertising model, and has grown significantly since its inception in 1997.
- com – LetterPOP is an online newsletter creation tool with a powerful email marketing component. Use LetterPOP to create amazing visual communications that you can send to your mailing list, manage your contacts, and much more!
- Coastal Discount Realty – Coastal Discount Realty is an early stage web-based discount realty listing service servicing San Diego County. The business offers a flat fee MLS listing service, and ala carte real estate brokering services.
- BIZ – FileOnline.BIZ is a self-help legal filing service that offers users a means to file incorporation documents in any state. The site also allows users to request a copyright filing or a trademark filing. Useful information and links are provided to enable users to “help themselves” using the site.
- GetinBusiness! – GetinBusiness! is a resource center for small businesses, hosting the blog and podcast of Dana Robinson, entrepreneur, attorney and know-it-all. Download Dana’s inexpensive “GetinBusiness Guides” and grab free business and legal advice.
- Lexington Court Appartments – Lexington Court Apartments are in Downtown Phoenix, in the Roosevelt Arts District, surrounded by redeveloped properties. The apartments have been zoned for high rise, entitlements granted for redevelopment, and La Jolla Ventures plans to either develop the property with a development partner, or sell the property at an appreciated value.
- Garfield Commons – Garfield Commons owns a 9 unit apartment complex that has received several grants for rehabilitation. The property has been through a City of Phoenix rehab construction grant, and was completed 2009.
- Fieldcrest Investments – Fieldcrest Investments is a Lafayette, Louisiana real estate acquisition and development company. The company owns three parcels in Lafayette, and has completed a subdivision of 64 parcels on one lot that are currently under construction of low-priced single family homes.
- Surya Rising – Surya Rising is the first app incubator to challenge its participants to launch an app within 90 days. The participants bring their mobile apps and concepts to the company, where they are incubated and managed from inception to launch. The company has 30 apps under development and in the iTunes app store.
- ChristianAudio – ChristianAudio is the largest online publisher of Christian audio books. The company operates several publishing imprints, and sells audio books throughout the United States through retail book stores and other retail outlets. The company owns a proprietary “Audible style” downloadable audio book website where it offers its own products and third party products.
- Esquivel Designs – Esquivel Designs is an Orange County based high end men’s shoe maker. George Esquivel, 2009 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist, and shoe maker to rock stars and Hollywood elite, designs and manufactures bespoke footwear from its manufacturing plant in Southern California. The company has distribution in China through the Esquviel store in Beijing. Find Esquivel shoes in Bergdorf Goodman NYC, Brown’s London, Net-a-porter.com and other fine stores.
- Modern Cooperage – Modern Cooperage is a two year old manufacturer of patented wine barrel systems that provide a means to use a re-usable stainless barrel with the full exposure to oak staves. Products are in testing with some of the largest wineries in the United States.
- Cloud Canvas – loud Canvas is a browser application development platform, providing an array of browser based apps, as well as a platform for developers to deploy and monetize browser apps. The CloudCanvas application platform allows 3rd party developers to build applications that run on other websites. By using CloudCanvas’s development platform, developers do not have to worry about cross-browser support (Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer), and can focus on the application (not on the back-end technology)
Non – Current Investments:
|Particulars||No. of Shares||Rs. In Crs|
|In Equity Shares|
|Fortune Fiancial Services Ltd||2642329||20.111837|
|Sadbhav Engineering Ltd||2400||0.01|
|In Equity Shares- Subsidiary Co|
|ITI Capital Holdings||450000||16.33|
|Intime Spectrum Pvt Ltd||1250000||1.25|
|Caladium Properties Pvt Ltd||10000||0.01|
|Crest Wealth Management Pvt Ltd||4250000||2.98|
|In Equity Shares – Associate Co|
|*Classic Mall Development co||3247760||62.9|
|Edelweiss Fund Advisors||500000||0.05|
|Classic Housing Projects||5000||0.005|
|In Equity Shares – Other Co|
Classic Mall Development Co. (Crest Ltd holds 42.19% ) engages in Real Estate business in Chennai and now it operates as the subsidiary of The Pheonix Mills Ltd. Sharyans Ltd has acquired stake in Classic Mall jointly with Kshitij Venture Capital fund.
Classic Mall Development Co. is inolved in Real estate activities with own or leased property. [This class includes buying, selling, renting and operating of self-owned or leased real estate such as apartment building and dwellings, non-residential buildings, developing and subdividing real estate into lots etc. Also included are development and sale of land and cemetery lots, operating of apartment hotels and residential mobile home sites.
- Vasudeo Galkar – Chairman
- Vijay Choraria – Managing Director
- Vishal Mehta – CFO
The Equity Capital is @ Rs 17.37 Crs consisting of 173700000 equity Shares of FV Rs 10 currently held.
None Of the Promoter’s Holding is pledged.
Major Non-Promoter Holdings:
|Sr.No||Non – Promoters||No. of Shares held||% of shares held|
|1||Pishu V Chainani||2500000||14.39|
|2||Hypons Fund Ltd||510000||2.94|
|3||Orange Mauritius Investments Ltd||630000||3.63|
|4||General Insurance Corporation of India||337373||1.94|
|5||Miraj Marketing Company LLP||301754||1.74|
|6||United India Insurance Company Ltd||286692||1.65|
|7||Pulkit N Sekhseria||225000||1.3|
Consolidated Financial Trends (In Rs. Crs) :
|Equity Paid Up||17.37||17.37||17.37||17.37||14.87||14.87|
|Book Value (Rs)||146||125||113||108||114||116|
During the year FY13 additional 2500000 equity shares were issued at face value of Rs.10 per share.