Jaiprakash Associates Ltd
Construction & Engineering
FV – Rs 2; 52wks H/L – 29.65/6.1; TTQ – 65 Lacs; CMP – Rs 27 (As On July 25, 2017);
Market Cap – Rs 6665 Crs
Consolidated Financials and Valuations for FY17 (Amt in Rs Crs unless specified)
|Long Term Debt||
Consolidated Financials and Valuations for FY16
|Long Term Debt||
- Long Term Debt to Equity – 7
- ROE % – NA
- Market Cap/Sales – 0.5
The Company has an an order book of over Rs 10,000 crore and E&C business shows good prospects looking at India’s requirement of infrastructure. The Company will also be participating in irrigation, tunnels, hydro and metro projects and has the needed capacity to grow the EPC business and will endeavour to reach revenue of around Rs 6000 Crs by FY20 from this stream. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/expert-view/jaiprakash-associates-aims-to-be-debt-light-even-zero-debt-manoj-gaur/articleshow/59483511.cms
The Company has executed an agreement with Orient Cement Ltd for acquisition of Company’s 74% equity stake in Bhilai Jaypee Cement based on Enterprise Value of Rs.1450 Crs on cash free and Debt free basis. http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/7c582ce7-a0c2-428e-bfaf-7714dc18de61.pdf
The Company has received Letter of Award from M/s National Highway Authority of India for the work of Four Laning of Biju Para – Kuru Section of NH-75 in the State of Jharkhand and the Contract Price is Rs. 144.1 Crs.
The Company along with its subsidiaries is the third largest cement producer in the country with 32.85 MTPA operative capacity.
Rs. 6960 Crs are in Projects under Development as per 31st March 2016
The restructuring would involve division of the nearly Rs 30000 Crs debt into three parts. The first portion of about Rs 10000 Crs debt would be moved off the company’s balance sheet as it sells a significant portion of its cement businesses to UltraTech Cement Ltd. About Rs 13000 Crs worth land holdings of the company would be carved out as a special purpose vehicle under the control of the lenders and subjected to a long-term repayment schedule through sale of these properties.
The remaining debt would continue on the company’s books, representing the indebtedness of the remaining sustainable businesses. These would include the company’s residual cement business, engineering procurement and construction (EPC) business, five luxury hotels, power plants, a hospital and a sports business.
- Jaiprakash Associates Limited is a diversified infrastructure company.
- The Company’s principal business activities include engineering, construction and real estate development, and manufacture of cement.
- Its segments include Construction, which includes civil engineering construction/engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts/expressway; Cement, which includes manufacture and sale of cement and clinker; Hotel/Hospitality, which includes hotels, golf course, resorts and spa; Sports Events, which includes sports-related events; Real Estate, which includes real estate development; Power, which includes generation and sale of energy; Investments, which includes investments in subsidiaries and joint ventures for cement, power, expressway and sports, among others, and Others, which includes coal, waste treatment plant, heavy engineering works, hitech castings and man power supply, among others.
- It has operations in Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Jharkhand, among others.
- The Company has 21 Subsidiaries engaged in different business activities.
- Manoj Gaur – CEO
- Rahul Kumar – CFO
- Sale of Cement Plants in Gujarat by JCCL (Rs.3800 Crs)
- Sale of stake in Bokaro Jaypee Cement Ltd (Rs. 668 Crs)
- Sale of Cement Grinding Unit of the Company at Panipat, Haryana (Rs. 360 Crs)
- Sale of Baspa – II by JVPL (Rs. 9700 Crs)
- Sale of wind Power plants of 49 MW of the Company (Rs. 161 Crs)
- Sale of Cement Plants (Rs. 16189 Crs)
The Equity Capital is @ Rs 486.49 Crs consisting of 2432456975 equity Shares of FV Rs 2 currently held
19.96% Of the Promoter’s Holding is pledged.
Major Non – Promoter Holdings:
|Non – Promoters||No. of Shares held||% of Shares held|
|Orbis Global Equity Fund||35389474||1.45|
|Life Insurance Corporation of India||108934905||4.48|
Non – Current Investments: (Equity – Quoted fully paid up)
|Name||No. of shares||Rs. In Lacs|
|Capital Trust Ltd||15350||2|
|Indian Overseas Bank||721600||72|
|PNB Gilts Ltd||221200||50|
|Cement & Cement Products||5217||7042|
|Hotels/Hospitality & Golf Course||239||238|
|Cement & Cement Products||-384||-83|
|Hotels/Hospitality & Golf Course||9||7|
Snapshot of Prices :
- Bonus Issue 1:2
Consolidated Financial Trends (In Rs. Crs) :
|Equity Paid Up||486.49||486.49||486.49||443.82||443.82||425.29||425.29|
|Book Value (Rs)||16||54||6||46||57||54||51|
The finance cost aggregating Rs.3679 Crs and high provision for depreciation of Rs.912 Crs were the two major factors leading to poor operating results of the Company.
Liabilities Directly Associated with Assets in Disposal Group Classified as held for Sale amounts to be Rs. 2031 Crs.